Acupuncture Techniques for Sports Injuries
4 Day Course in Acupuncture techniques for the treatment of sports related injuries
The course is taught by the renowned Bernard Nolan and after the course you will have 2 months to complete a case study. This will be fully explained to you during the course. You should normally be able to add acupuncture on to your own indemnity either free of charge or for a small premium. BGi or Balens insurance companies will provide the necessary insurance cover after completion of the course.
Registration on the first day will be at 9.30am for a prompt 9.45am start and will finish between 4.00-4.15pm.
Day two, three and four
On day two, three and four the class will begin at 10am and will finish between 4.00-4.15pm.
Is it for You?
This course does not count towards your Bodymaster Practitioner Diploma.
Address: Oxford University Sports Complex
Trainer: Bernard Nolan
Next Date: 14-17th December 2017
2018 Dates: 15-18th March, 21-24th June, 20-23rd Sept & 13-16th Dec 2018
CPD: 60 points (30 contact time)
Places go quick, so book soon to get the early bird price!
Course Content And Brief Outline Of Programme
- Introduction to Acupuncture for Sports Injuries
- Practical session, intro to needling, safety techniques, ethics.
- The Stomach meridian and 7 points.
- Gall bladder meridian and 6 points.
- Bladder meridian and 10 points.
- The 3 inner arm meridians
- Lung plus 4 points.
- The Heart Meridian plus 4 points.
- The Pericardium Meridian plus 3 points.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
There will be a talk on how the meridians are paired and how that pairing of meridians relate to different signs and symptoms in the body.
The whole of the afternoon will be allotted to the back and various related problems. This will include the use of Shiatsu/ Pressure points.
- The 3 medial leg meridians.
- Liver and 5 points.
- Spleen and 6 points.
- Kidney and 8 points.
- Point location needle technique, conditions covered: M.C.L. Groin Conditions, Medial Foot/ Ankle, Adductor Strain.
- Deep Needling Techniques.
- Glutes, Lower back, Large People.
- Shiatsu techniques.
The need for relation when treating sports injuries.
- The 3 Lateral Arm Meridians.
- Large intestine and 9 points.
- Small intestine and 7 points.
- Triple heater and 5 points.
- Head and Neck Acupuncture with the use of smaller needles.
- Recap all Musculo/ Skeletal conditions.
- How to put a treatment together and how to combine Acupuncture with your own physical treatments.
Terms and conditions
Bodymaster Method courses are subject to payment in full or a deposit at the time of booking, which reserves your place on the specific course and ensures your certification is ready for handout on completion. Please note that any payment made is non refundable and if you know at least two weeks in advance that you are unable to attend the course then you may be able to transfer to another course at the discretion of the tutor. However, after this time frame should you wish to transfer, you will be expected to pay 50% of the new course fee. There may be the odd occasion that a course unfortunately may be cancelled. You will be notified in good time and transferred onto a later course date.